Arraya Solutions, a leading Mid-Atlantic technology consulting firm and managed services provider, is looking for a DevOps Systems Administrator, Managed Services to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and growing our managed service offerings, which include cloud-based backup, and infrastructure monitoring and problem remediation. This individual will be asked to maintain our managed services infrastructure and field service calls from customers regarding requests and issues. Additionally, this position will be expected to monitor and service our internal infrastructure and staff.
Shift hours: 11pm – 7:30am
- Systems Administration and technical support for Linux servers.
- Deployment of new systems closely following customer procedures.
- Large scale patching and configuration management using tools including Puppet with MCollective.
- Adding and extending file systems and other system reconfiguration and resource changes.
- Working with DBAs and Applications Support personnel to address operational needs.
- Support system backups utilizing IBM Spectrum Protect/Tivoli Storage Management clients and servers.
- Provide advanced technical support for customer environments and services.
- Manage and maintain customer environments remotely (some onsite).
- Provide tier 2 support for customer reported issues and requests.
- Updating and reviewing customer documentation.
- Manage Cloud Infrastructure across multiple cloud environments (AWS/Google/Azure)
- Executing Automation processes for Infrastructure setup (and maintaining processes)
- Architecting new solutions and implementing new Cloud Services into existing environments
- Setting up continuous build environments to speed up software development and deployment.
- Support internal and external clients on cloud platforms (Installation and configuration of software / Infrastructure Setup)
- Identify and resolve environment issues (connection issues / firewall issues / Linux issues etc.)
- Develop automation software for existing platforms
- Implementing Enterprise class automation and management for large numbers of servers
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
- Experience with Unix-like systems administration.
- Proficient with Unix/Linux tools including shell, sed, awk, and perl.
- Experience with enterprise backup solutions such as EMC Avamar and/or IBM Spectrum Protect.*
- Knowledge of disaster recovery.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must Be an Excellent Sysadmin
- Mastery Knowledge of virtualization
- Understands Networking and Storage
- Considerable Experience with Automation, ( Ansible, Chef and Shell Scripting)
- Understands Security
- Good Communication skills
*Any certifications in the above areas are a plus
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, (40) hours/week.
- Some off-hours support work.
- This position has minimal local travel.
If you want to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment with an opportunity for learning and development, please reach out to us today! Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.