Arraya Solutions is looking for a Director of Managed Services to join our technology team.
In this role, the Director of Managed Services Delivery, you will provide thoughtful leadership to execute on the delivery, operations, and growth of Arraya’s Managed Services practice. The Director of Managed Services responsibilities include developing and implementing strategic plans and company policies, maintaining an open dialogue with stakeholders, and driving organizational success. Additionally, you will oversee the daily operation of multiple managed services teams specializing in service desk, infrastructure systems, network, and cyber security. You will work with the technical leads in each of these areas to support projects, incidents, problems, and change management for Arraya’s Managed Services customers. In this role, you will be responsible for resource hiring, utilization, and enabling established metrics to drive individual and team performance. You will develop and maintain department policies and procedures with a focus on efficiency. You will support Service Delivery Managers through the project lifecycle and work with the solutions team to bring new service products to market. This position reports to the Chief Solutions Officer.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in the operations, sales, implementation, and support of IT Managed Services.
- P&L Management of the Managed Services (MS) group to drive to profitability goals.
- Mentoring and professional development of MS team members.
- Ensure that meaningful metrics related to established SLAs, availability, capacity and performance are captured, validated and reported.
- Recruit, mentor, build and maintain an effective team in support of a growing services based business.
- Sets strategic and tactical priorities that align with business objectives.
- Lead the Resourcing Management, Workforce Planning and Operational efforts of our mature Managed Services teams that deliver ongoing services to our customers.
- Build, own and maintain workforce management processes for headcount to allow for efficient hiring, reporting and planning that drives analysis of headcount and identifies opportunities for growth and efficiency.
- Collaborate effectively with Executive Leadership to support hiring plans, to calibrate organization change and optimize the supply of resources based on demand, including contractors.
- Collaborating with Director of Professional Services in creating training plans that provide additional skillsets to the Managed Services practice.
- Provide complete and regular active assignments, available supply, and customer demand status reporting, forecasts, and analysis.
- Ensure that resource allocation, availability and forecast overviews are accurate, up-to-date, and completed in a timely fashion.
- Oversight for team member activity; ensuring that MS team members are spending the appropriate levels of time and effort with assigned customers, on the appropriate activities, to drive desired end goals.
- Regularly scheduled 1:1’s to understand and coach MS team members performance, and to address and stay ahead of any issues.
- Develop Annual Performance Reviews to drive recognition and to enforce what team members are doing well and coaching them in areas of improvement
- Help develop a collaborative culture with all other functional areas MS interfaces with, including sales, technical presales, professional services, service delivery, and PMO.
- Weekly reviews of KPIs that are critical to the health of the Managed Services business in support of Executive Management and Service Delivery Management.
- Monthly reviews of key operational data.
- Handles project incident escalation within Managed Services and coordinates escalation and resourcing from outside groups.
- Mentors team leads and support resources through solution path development and execution.
- Maintains all functional policies and procedures for Managed Services.
- Oversees knowledge base development and related support documentation.
- Performs Quality Assurance as part of a Managed Support and Quality Program.
- Develops and monitors training and growth plans for MS resources.
- Assigns resources and participates in customer onboarding, service reviews and offboarding.
- Supports vendor relationships and contracts for Managed Services tools and technologies along with the Practice Manager, Managed Services.
- Provides regular status reports to the Chief Solutions Officer and program updates to the Executive Leadership Team (as necessary).
- Create and deliver solution proposals, presentations, and service agreements.
- Market our experience and expertise at company/partner/industry events.
- Co-develop campaigns with Arraya’s Marketing team that generate Managed Services interest.
- Manage practice efforts to meet financial and strategic goals.
- 8+ years’ experience with Managed Services and Projects in the Information Technology space.
- 3+ years’ experience building and managing a technology department or managed services practice.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with enterprise-class datacenter technologies, including server/OS, virtualization, storage area networking (SAN), networking (LAN/WAN/WLAN), identity management, endpoint security, alert and event logging, and vulnerability remediation.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Microsoft collaboration technologies, including Office 365 (Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Teams) as well as configuration management technologies (System Center Configuration Manager, Intune, AirWatch).
- Demonstrated ability to staff, manage, and mentor engineering resources.
- Demonstrated ability to document and maintain department policies and procedures.
- Experience performing quality assurance activities.
- Experience managing project workflow in one or more enterprise class ITSM or PM platforms (ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, SolarWinds, ManageEngine, Microsoft Project).
- Experience with network monitoring tools, technologies, and processes.
- Strong leadership and communication skills a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or related preferred.
- Current technology certifications is a plus.
- Experience with tools and techniques used to support technology services and platforms, including ticketing systems
- Experience leading or contributing to the development of sales, marketing, and product efforts.
- Ability to analyze customer needs and develop solutions that incorporate Arraya’s existing Managed Services offerings.
- Ability to review and collaborate supporting statements of work and service agreements.
- Knowledge of the role and responsibilities of a sales engineer/solutions architect during the sales cycle.
- Ability to influence customer stakeholders and key decision makers.
- Knowledge of channel partner relationships.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members.
- Experience developing reports and dashboards to communicate practice progress.
Education and Training
- College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Development, Project/Product Management, or Business Administration is preferred, or similar work experience
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time, permanent position, 40 hours/week.
- 100% remote work from home.
- Travel required to customer sites is approximately 25% and focused on the East Coast US.
- Primary work hours are during Arraya’s normal business hours, 8:00am-5:00pm EST.
- Work is performed in a 24×7 operations environment.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays as needed.
If you want to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment with an opportunity for learning and development, please reach out to us today! Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or CLICK HERE to apply!