Arraya Solutions is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to join our Managed Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and growing our managed service offerings, which include cloud-based backup, and infrastructure monitoring and problem remediation. This individual will be asked to maintain our managed services infrastructure and field service calls from customers regarding requests and issues. Additionally, this position will be expected to monitor and service our internal infrastructure and staff.
- Systems Administration and technical support for Linux servers
- Deployment of new systems closely following customer procedures
- Large scale patching and configuration management using tools including Puppet with MCollective
- Adding and extending file systems and other system reconfiguration and resource changes
- Working with DBAs and Applications Support personnel to address operational needs
- Support system backups utilizing IBM Spectrum Protect/Tivoli Storage Management clients and servers
- Provide advanced technical support for customer environments and services
- Manage and maintain customer environments remotely (some onsite)
- Provide tier 2 support for customer reported issues and requests
- Updating and reviewing customer documentation
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration*
- Proficient with Unix/Linux tools including shell, sed, awk, and perl
- Experience with VMware infrastructure administration and management*
- Experience with enterprise backup solutions such as EMC Avamar and/or IBM Spectrum Protect*
- Understanding of TCP/IP services such as DNS
- Experience with Nagios and/or Solar Winds monitoring would be a plus
- Knowledge of replication requirements for effective disaster recovery
- Experience providing leadership, make recommendations, and collaborate with software developers, system and network engineers/administrators, and other support staff
- Experience coaching and mentoring of junior staff
- Strong customer service skills
*Any certifications in the above areas are a plus
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, (40) hours/week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, with some flexibility around regular business hours upon management approval
- Some off-hours support work
- This position has minimal local travel.
If you want to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment with an opportunity for learning and development, please reach out to us today! Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.