Arraya Solutions is looking for a Security Software Account Executive to join our technology team! As the Security Software Sales Representative, you will be responsible for selling IBM’s security solutions to clients in the Northeast region. This individual will focus on the complete IBM Security software portfolio. In addition, this individual will also focus on competitive take-outs, expansion scenarios with existing IBM Security clients, and pipeline-generating efforts to meet sales objectives within the assigned territory.
This professional leads multi-functional teams covering large, complex opportunities and negotiates with the highest levels of customer management. The Security Software Sales Representative anticipates potential problems, is generally guided by business directives, and has the latitude to define priorities and resources for sales opportunities. This position maintains expert skills in engaging and closing sales opportunities, including in-depth financial acquisition skills. Demonstrates required proficiency levels for technical and sales skills, as defined for this position.
The Security Software Sales Representative maintains expert knowledge of the management and/or sales processes, techniques, and tools associated with the specialty offerings and guides others in their use. Examples of these techniques and tools include, but are not limited to, opportunity/territory management, cost justification, acquisition management, and channel management processes. Demonstrates expert knowledge of competition, strategies, and products/services. Effectively differentiates IBM offerings from competitive alternatives and creates customer preference for IBM offerings on that differentiation.
The successful candidate will work closely with IBM Security teams, IBM Client teams, Dealmakers, and the Arraya Cyber Security team to lead in the identification and progression of opportunities that are tailored to a client’s business needs in a way that is valued by the client and superior to the competition. The Security Software Sales Representative will collaborate with the client teams, other security sellers, other brand sellers, business partners, technical sales, services, marketing, and offering management teams on territory/pipeline management, opportunity identification, analyzing clients’ IT security requirements, position the appropriate IBM technology, lead PoC’s, demonstrations, client workshops and presentations, quotes/pricing, and other proposal development activities.
- Actively engage with clients to develop the trust and credibility to help them solve strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven security solutions
- Demonstrate understanding of client requirements regarding enterprise security controls, policies, and related technologies, and how IBM solutions can meet these requirements
- Be able to recognize compelling reasons for clients and prospects to act upon these requirements, and in turn be able to communicate how to persuasively articulate how comprehensive IBM security solution(s) can best meet these requirements
- Be the lead seller to identify and progress opportunities in your defined territory
- Build and maintain an opportunity pipeline to meet and exceed monthly/quarterly quota targets for your territory
- Effectively engage IBM’s resources to progress and close business and deliver a successful customer experience
- Be conversant in our solutions and articulate the differentiated value of IBM Security solutions compared to competitors in the market
- Deliver high-level feature / benefit executive presentations
- Drive the proposal production process
- Participate in marketing and event planning activities within the market and your specific territory
- Effectively communicate with the internal security specialty leaders and provide feedback from the field in support of business opportunity
- Work with the technical team to deliver effective POC’s, POT’s, and support critical customer situations
- Develop services opportunities through relationship development and a strong understanding of the engineering skillsets of the services team
- Manage your business using IBM’s CRM platform
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- At least 5 years of sales experience with a background in security intelligence and data privacy solutions and/or complex software solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage a territory as a franchise and orchestrate a diversified set of resources
- Demonstrated ability to manage and negotiate complex sales opportunities
- Consistent track record of successful selling
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong client relationships
- Ability to effectively present and articulate the benefits of the solution as compared to the competition and relative to customer requirements
- Process-oriented and able to use an industry-recognized sales methodology for opportunity engagements
- Understand common security needs, challenges, and terminology and be able to articulate how technology can address/impact these at an executive level
- Ability to travel 25-50% annually
- Work collaboratively in a team-selling environment
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise:
- At least 7-10+ years of sales experience with a background in security intelligence and data privacy solutions and/or complex software solutions
If you want to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment with an opportunity for learning and development, please reach out to us today! Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or CLICK HERE to apply!